Car Spotting 2012: Highlights of the Year

I'd like to wish you all a Happy New Year and have a pleasant 2013! Surprisingly 2012 was an awesome year for me; I did not think t...

I'd like to wish you all a Happy New Year and have a pleasant 2013!

Surprisingly 2012 was an awesome year for me; I did not think that I was able to surpass 2011 but somehow I managed to outdo myself. I've seen a variety of cars, from new models to old favorites and even cars that I've been wanting to see for a while and also had a chance to attend various automotive events as well.

In my opinion there were several highlights that stood out for me. One was the spotting of a Bugatti Veyron in a supermarket parking lot (Spinneys) and the surprise spot of not one, but two Aston Martin One-77 Q-Series and the Mansory Aventador at The Dubai Mall! I also saw a Ferrari 599 GTB 60F1 and a stunning SA Aperta in Yorkville, which is located in Downtown Toronto. I have yet to spot both of these cars in Dubai.

Another important highlight was the Gumball 3000 stopover in Toronto, Canada. This was my first Gumball 3000 event that I have attended, and is even the first video I have recorded with my then new Canon EOS 7D. It was also my first video that I have uploaded on YouTube that was in HD; previously I had to rely on my camera phone and my old Sony Cybershot to make infrequent uploads in VGA resolution. I made some small mistakes in editing, as my laptop couldn't handle my 7D files at the time.

Unfortunately I was inactive on the blogging front as I had to balance my personal life and car spotting, and I didn't have the time to make blog posts for each and every car spot. Hopefully I would be able to do so in the following year. I also managed to make a Facebook page which managed to get 2000 likes in the span of 1 year which was way beyond my expectations, as I was doubtful that I would hit the 1000 like mark.

Here's to an exciting 2013!


PS: I have made a video compilation containing the images of the car spots in Dubai in the last year.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Be aware that I reserve the right to reject comments that I deem offensive and/or useless spam.